Learn Strategies for Litigating in the Expected New Framework
Join Us for a Complimentary 90 Minute CLE at one of several locations
- Boston, October 20, 2015, 8:30-10AM
- Chicago, October 22, 2015, 8:30-10AM
- Dallas, November 5, 2015, 8:30-10AM
AND COMING SOON — Additional information about CLE programs in Seattle and Pittsburgh the first week of December
Significant updates and revisions to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure will take effect on December 1, 2015, absent (unlikely) action by Congress.
- Timelines will change.
- The scope of discovery will be narrowed.
- Objections to requests for production will have new requirements.
- Preservation and spoliation standards will be directly addressed by the rules.
These and other federal rule changes will have a direct impact on long-held litigation paradigms, particularly in the context of discovery.
Please join experienced litigators from K&L Gates’ local offices and global e-Discovery Analysis and Technology practice for this important strategic discussion of the pending changes, the ways they will affect your future practice and cases, and the steps you can take to address and embrace the new paradigms shaped by these changes.
Topics to be addressed include:
- The Updated and New Rules: An Overview
- The Anticipated Impact on Your Practice, Your Clients and Your Adversaries
- Strategies and Practical Tips for Achieving Proportionality in Discovery
- Preservation Pointers