This bi-coastal program, developed through a joint effort between Preston Gates, Microsoft��and the Practising Law Institute (PLI,) is designed specifically for in-house counsel and other attorneys involved in advising organizations on electronic discovery and document retention issues. Backup tapes, evolving case law, computer forensics, and ethics rules in email are just a portion of the subjects to be covered by a daylong series of speakers and interactive panels.
Key focus areas include:
- Formulating retention/destruction policies and implementing the duty to preserve
- New discovery frontiers: instant messaging and voicemail
- Computer forensics: When you need it; when you don’t
- Update on newly revised E-Discovery court rules
- Creating defensible privilege claims
- Ethics: Resolving conflicts related to email