Electronic Discovery Law
Following Mini-Conference, Advisory Committee Approves Proposed New FRE 502 for Publication
On Monday, April 24, 2006, the Advisory Committee on the Federal Rules of Evidence held a mini-conference on a proposed new rule concerning waiver of the attorney-client privilege and work product doctrine. The conference was held at Fordham Law School in New York City, and featured the following distinguished presenters:
- Hon. John G. Koeltl, U. S. District Judge, Southern District of New York
- Hon. Paul W. Grimm, U. S. Magistrate Judge, District of Maryland (author of Hopson v. Mayor of Baltimore, 232 F.R.D. 228 (D. Md. 2005))
- David M. Brodsky, Esq., Latham & Watkins, New York City
- Gregory P. Joseph, Esq., Law Offices of Gregory Joseph, New York City
- James K. Robinson, Esq., Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft, Washington, D.C.
- Stephen D. Susman, Esq., Susman Godfrey, Houston, Texas
- Ariana J. Tadler, Esq., Milberg Weiss, Bershad & Schulman, New York City
- David Stellings, Esq., Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Richard M. Humes, Esq., Securities & Exchange Commission
- Peter B. Pope, Esq., New York Attorney General's Office
- Professor Timothy Glynn, Seton Hall Law School, Newark, New Jersey
- Professor Richard Marcus, Hastings Law School, San Francisco, California
After the mini-conference, the Advisory Committee approved for publication proposed new Evidence Rule 502.
What's next: The FRE Advisory Committee will forward its recommendation to publish proposed new Evidence Rule 502 to the Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure, which will consider it at its June 22-23, 2006 meeting in Washington, D.C.
Statements and materials submitted at the mini-conference are available here.
K&L Gates includes lawyers practicing out of more than 40 fully integrated offices located in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and the Middle East, and represents numerous GLOBAL 500, FORTUNE 100, and FTSE 100 corporations, in addition to growth and middle market companies, entrepreneurs, capital market participants and public sector entities. For more information about K&L Gates or its locations and registrations, visit www.klgates.com.
Portions of this Web site may contain Attorney Advertising under the rules of some states. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
e-Discovery Analysis & Technology group at K&L Gates, offering services related to ediscovery, review of electronic documents, electronic discovery and electronic evidence discovery.
K&L Gates LLP
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2900, Seattle, Washington 98104-1158
p. 206.623.7580, f. 206.623.7022